October 16, 2012
Dep 16:10 Arr 18:50 2h40m 13Nm
Eng: Dep 2813.0 Arr 2813.9 0.9h
In Le Pouliguen the Capitainaire and the dredging people weren’t happy with our position but we couldn’t move until nearer high tide, not that there was anywhere to move to. We’d foolishly paid for two nights but decided we wanted to move on in the circumstances. He could only refund us the €14 fee in fuel so we tried to get onto the fuel dock but access to that was partially blocked with dredging equipment. Valiantly tried to get alongside in a 4 knot stream and a headwind. Neda was on the quayside trying to catch the shore lines but was hampered by all the spectators getting in the way. Gave that up as too difficult and decided to try the one remaining unoccupied berth and take a fuel can to get our refund. But berthing again was much easier said than done in the wind and stream. It was so difficult, had two attempts and on the second I was lucky to get away without damage or injury, decided to forego the €14 and head out to sea.
A good short sail in the sunshine, except the last half hour hoolie when the wind suddenly backed to the east and got up to F5-6. La Turballe doesn’t look appealing in the wind and rain at dusk so we’ll eat on the boat tonight and explore tomorrow.