Endeavour's Adventures 2012

N 36° 49' E 28° 18' Show on Map

Saturday, 7th April 2012

April 07, 2012

Hello everybody and welcome back to my blog site and hope you will enjoy reading about our adventures on Endeavour this year. 


Dean took us to the airport at 4.30 a.m. with the usual tearful goodbye from me.  The airport was very busy but the flight too off only half an hour later than scheduled and was full with families taking an Easter break.  After purchasing our 90 day visa, we met the A2B transfer minibus with 3 other passenger drops on board.  We left the airport at 2 p.m. and after only half an hour into our journey, the driver stopped for a refreshment break – what !!!!  Not impressed at all, we sat and waited half an hour whilst he and two other passengers were fed and watered with fag break.  Back on the road at 3 p.m. and when we arrived in Marmaris, to our surprise and delight, the driver turned left towards the marina taking us to Netsel Marina by mistake but proceeding to Yat Marina and arriving there at 4.15 p.m. – we were expecting to be the last drop off and arrive about 5.30 p.m.

We asked the security guard if we could have the golf buggy to take us and our luggage to our boat as we knew it was located at the very far end of the boat yard and, no problem, our request was met.  


Endeavour was located at the very end of the boat yard, we could not have been any further away from everywhere.  After checking the boat and making it liveable, putting the cushions back in place and making the bed, we ventured out to the bar for ‘happy hour’ .  It was nice to see our friends Justin and Helen, Lois and Chris, Nigel and have a drink and chat with them all.  We ended the evening in the restaurant with Justin and Helen before trekking back to the boat.


next entry


Dacey April 11, 2012 at 06:00 PM

Only comment i can make is that we are very envious!!! Love Jenny Alan @ family xx

Please sign-in to post a comment.

If you are not yet registered please Register Now.