March 25, 2007
After visiting beautiful & relaxed cayos we finished in Nueve Gerona, capital of the Isla de Juventd (also known as Isla the Pinas or Island of Jouth)
March 22, 2007
After getting all things together in Cienfuegos we sailed off to Cayo Largo. Left at 4 in the morning and arrived 10ish pm.
Although it was our 2nd trip to Cuba you never stop learning about:
- going shopping
- telling the harbour master you want to leave at 4 in the morning
- estimated informtion on charts
we enjoyed the challenge.
The sea was chalm. We tried fishing but we don’t seem to have a hand for it, so we did olive-chiabatta and onion bread.
And our PinkPenguins relaxed with us.
The island itself has so much to offer:
- Playa Sirena: the most beautiful beach
- Cayo Iguana: I know every tourist goes there, but it still is so much fun
- renting scooters to explore the deserted areas way away from the big hotels
- relax and drink mochitos at the “Pirates of the Caribean Bar”