December 18, 2010
December 18, 2010
Lessons learned in Puerto Vallarta-not necessarily in order!
· Just because the vendor store offers you a GREAT buy — two bottles get one free offer—doesn’t mean that the third bottle won’t add a significant weight to your backback—3 bottles of tequila WILL strain your back walking around town!
· When a store proprietor offers you a free taxi ride to his brother’s restaurant-walk away—even if he does throw in a first margarita free coupon!
· (subsidiary of the above)—if you walk into any restaurant where three woman are sitting at a table with 16 kids eating Burger King fast food—walk out (even if you feel obligated for the cost of a taxi ride)
· When the bus you are riding on bears a posted sign showing 35 people sitting and 31 people standing believe it, even if it is NOT currently rush hour when you enter the bus
· (subsidiary of the above)—always sit yourself in close proximity to one of the two exits upon entering a bus even if it is TOTALLY empty. 31 standing passengers will NOT even attempt to move out of your way when your stop is reached and you MUST get off the bus before the driver continues his route!
· When marching around town with a cane and an aching foot—even a $20 cab ride can reflect a bargain…
· No matter how friendly or low key the salesperson in a store or activity tour center is upon first approach, time share opportunities will ALWAYS find their way into any conversation or sales transaction.
· No matter how scenic relaxed or idyllic a spot you have found to lay by the ocean and tan in the sand (beer in hand)-some enterprising determined artist will always find a way to show you his/her wares.
· In spite of their size—pelicans do roost in trees!
· DITTO Iguanas!