August 25, 2009
Lana is finally in the water check out the video!!!!
August 24, 2009
While putting the new motor on the boat the boatyard realized that the previous brackect would not be up to the task of holding the weight of the current motor. They decided to replace the old bracket with a beefer model and a Beckson Plate. If you are interested I have inclosed the photos. They also add a fuel filter, (picture is also included).
August 12, 2009
The Boat has finnally left the front yard and is now at Portland Yacht Services. They will be stepping the mast, attaching the 8 HP motor to the transom and adding a fuel filter to help combat the ethanol problem since we run with gas fuel.
The electronic charting is coming along, we are currently plotted alittle past the dismal swamp on the ICW.
The Boat will be a week at the PYC boat yard, then she will be splashed and moved to our mooring. This will give us time to move the last of our things to storage (Boat stands included) and continue with the electronic plotting. We will also have to pinpoint the new location of our mooring and figure out were to keep the dinghy for a month. Today we have included some videos of the hauling process and a few pictures, (Movie is kind of boring, not a blockbuster!, so watch with caution).
The rest of the itinerary will be posted soon.
The fog is back, but the weather is nice and warm and the rain has stop, (for now).
Ps: the other Pics are of the mast storage facility and the crane used for stepping and unstepping masts.
August 08, 2009
The Itinerary as follows:
Shoving off: Sept 24th, 2009: Thursday Portland Harbor for Belfast, Maine
Few days in Belfast.
Belfast back to Portland, Maine
Portland, Maine to Hull, Mass
BLock Island and then West Haven Conn
New York Harbor (Statue of Liberty)
August 08, 2009
The Boat is ready to go, but we are currently waiting for our haulers to haul the boat. We finished loading her yesterday and still have room left over to add consumables and personal items.
We are now currently adding more coordinances into the gps. There was some trouble in electronic navigating in the West Haven area. We also had alittle bit of trouble in the East River section, so we decided to just shoot a straight line and ignore the route over land and pick it back up when we leave the East River.
We are told that the boat should be hauled by Thursday or Friday of next week, we hope, hope!!!! Until then we are high and dry.